Illustration Bastien Coulon for Ma Récréation
Linda Rodin’s Olio Lusso oil is probably one of the most cited products in the Beauty backstage world. Besides, this fashion stylist, who has dressed the biggest stars and worked with legendary photographers like Herb Ritts or Avedon, should donate royalties to Tom Pêcheux, who massages all the models’ skin with Olio Lusso before putting their make-up on. The white hair, the impeccable figure and the smile on her lips, the young 60 year-old New Yorker doesn’t believe in complicated rituals nor in extended formulas. She agreed to share her ten beauty commandments with Ma Récréation.
1. Take every day you wake up feeling well as a gift
2. Do everything in moderation : from diet, to exercise and everything in between. All things done moderately and with clear thought are the key to life.
3. You can’t be beautiful without the proper amount of rest. For me, sleeping 9 hours a night is the only way I can function and feel good. If I sleep less, everything I do becomes a chore, and there is no joy in my day.
4. Surround yourself with beautiful and peaceful things. For me it’s my doggie, my home, music and books. Their beauty will reflect onto you.
5. Never forget to wear sunscreen on your hands and face.
6. Wear beautiful shoes. But make sure they are easy on the feet. You won’t look good if you’re in pain.
7. Don’t get caught up in trends. Wear what you like, not what you see in magazines.
8. Always be original.
9. Inner peace makes outer beauty. Nourish yourself with healthy food, beautiful books, music and loved ones and you will look your best. The better you feel and are on the inside, of course determines how you look on the outside.
. Adopt the simplest beauty ritual possible. I use the line I created Rodin Olio Lusso
* on the face, body, lips, hair and hands. There will also soon be a fragrance available. Finally, once a month I go to Dr David Colbert
* for a « Triad Facial » (N.B. it involves a three-way care : microdermabrasion, laser and peeling
Translation by Leonora Chance